- About Us
- Contact Us
Last Updated: 06/16/2021
The Information We Collect and/or Receive
In the course of operating the Site, providing the Services and/or interacting with you, United Community Corporation will collect (and/or receive) the following types of information.
- Contact Information
When you contact us, make a donation through the Site, enroll in our programs, or become a volunteer, you will be asked to provide certain information, which may include name, e-mail address, address, phone number, race and family size (collectively, “Contact Information”). The Contact Information is used to provide the requested service or information and to contact you for purposes of direct marketing of our current and future services.
- Billing Information
- Other Information
In addition to the Contact Information, we may collect or receive the following information:
- From Your Activity. In an ongoing effort to improve the Site, and the Services, we automatically collect certain information when you visit the Site, and/or access and/or use our Services. This information consists of IP addresses, browser type and language, referring and exit pages and URLs, date and time, amount of time spent on particular pages, what sections of the Site you visit, and similar information concerning your use of the Site, and the Services (“Activity Information”).
- From Cookies. We also collect Activity Information by using “cookie” technology. Cookies are small packets of data that a website stores on the hard drive of your computer or mobile device to “remember” information about your visit. We may use session cookies (which expire once you close your web browser) and persistent cookies (which stay on your computer/device until you delete them). If you do not want us to place a cookie on your hard drive, you may be able to turn that feature off on your computer or mobile device. Please consult your Internet browser’s documentation for information on how to do this and how to delete persistent cookies. However, if you decide not to accept cookies from us, the Site, and the Services may not function properly.
For Google Analytics, please visit: https://www.google.com/analytics
How We Use and Share Your Information
You authorize us to use the Contact Information, and Other Information (collectively, the "Information") to provide our Site and Services to you, solicit your feedback, inform you about our products and services and those of our third-party marketing partners, and to improve the Site, and the Services. Also, we may use and share the Information as described below.
- Agents, Providers and Related Third Parties. We may engage other companies and individuals to perform certain business-related functions on our behalf. Examples may include providing technical assistance, order fulfillment, customer service, and marketing assistance. These other companies will have access to the Information only as necessary to perform their functions and to the extent permitted by law. We may also share your Information with any of our parent companies, subsidiaries, or other companies under common control with us.
- Aggregated Information. In an ongoing effort to better understand users of the Site and our Services, we may analyze the Information in aggregate form in order to operate, maintain, manage, and improve the Site and our Services. This aggregate information does not identify you personally. We may use this aggregate information for marketing purposes. We may share this aggregate information with our affiliates, agents, business and business partners, and other third parties. We may also disclose aggregated user statistics in order to describe the Site and our Services to current and prospective business partners and to other third parties for other lawful purposes.
- Business Transfers. As we develop our businesses, we might sell or buy businesses or assets. In the event of a corporate sale, merger, reorganization, sale of assets, dissolution, or similar event, the Information may be part of the transferred assets.
- Legal Requirements. To the extent permitted by law, we may also disclose the Information: (i) when required by law, court order, or other government or law enforcement authority or regulatory agency; or (ii) whenever we believe that disclosing such Information is necessary or advisable, for example, to protect the rights, property, or safety of United Community Corporation or others.
Accessing and Modifying Personal Information and Communication Preferences
You may access, review, and make changes to your personal information by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. In addition, you may manage your receipt of marketing and non-transactional communications by clicking on the "unsubscribe" link located on the bottom of any United Community Corporation marketing email. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to process such requests in a timely manner. You should be aware, however, that it is not always possible to completely remove or modify information in our subscription databases.
How We Protect Your Information
United Community Corporation takes commercially reasonable security measures to protect your Information from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction, taking into account the risks involved in processing and the nature of such data, and in compliance with applicable laws and regulations. You should keep in mind, however, that no Internet transmission is 100% secure or error-free. In particular, e-mail sent to or from the Site, and/or the Services may not be secure, and you should therefore take special care in deciding what information you send to us via e-mail or other electronic means.
Links to Third-Party Sites
The Site and the Services may, from time to time, contain links to external websites. United Community Corporation encourages you to review the privacy and security policies of any externally linked websites that may be accessed through the Site or the Services. United Community Corporation assumes no responsibility or liability for the information collection and disclosure practices of any external websites that a user can access through the Site or the Services. Please check the privacy policies of these external websites before you submit any personal information to them.
Important Notice to All Non-U.S. Residents
Our servers are located in the United States. Please be aware that your Information, including your personal information, may be transferred to, processed, maintained, and used on computers, servers, and systems located outside of your state, province, country, or other governmental jurisdiction where the privacy laws may not be as protective as those in your jurisdiction. If you are located outside the United States and choose to use Site, or the Services, you do so at your own risk.
DO NOT TRACK
United Community Corporation does not monitor, recognize or honor any opt-out or do not track mechanisms including general web browser, “Do Not Track” settings and/or signals.
Nevada Privacy Rights
If you are a resident of Nevada, you have the right to opt-out of the sale of certain personal information to third parties who intend to license or sell that personal information. You can exercise this right by contacting us at email@example.com with the subject line “Nevada Do Not Sell Request” and providing us with your name and the email address associated with your account. Please note that we do not currently sell your personal information as sales are defined in Nevada Revised Statutes Chapter 603A.
Or write to us at:
United Community Corporation
332 S 8th St.
Newark, NJ 07103