RE-WRITE YOUR NARRATIVE

Offered Programs Include:

High School Equivalency Credential, Job Skills Development, Life Skills Training, Case Management, Construction Training, Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA), Certified Nursing Assistant, Dental Technician, Dental Assistant

_MG_3865

YouthBuild has been in existence for over 40 years providing employment education, leadership development and occupational skills training to opportunity youth. Program participants receive education services to obtain a high school diploma or equivalent. However, they receive so much more through a family-centered approach and additional services that work together to encourage a young person to transform themselves and their communities.

Community Service

Is what drives a YouthBuild program. It provides a sense of ownership and responsibility for youth who are actively involved in giving back. Helping to reclaim and rebuild a community one project at a time.

Alternative School

Through numeracy and literacy skill-building youth can achieve their high school diploma or its equivalent. They build on basic education skills in a supportive environment to gain assurance that they can pursue post-secondary education if desired.

Training and pre-apprenticeship

Participants learn job skills in construction and other high-demand employment sectors like healthcare and dental. They also learn employability skills such as communication and teamwork.

Leadership Development

Participants develop the skill sets and awareness to grow into community leaders. They are encouraged and empowered to play an active role in their local communities through civic engagement and finding their voice.

UCCYouthBuild-Emblem-WithBlueBackground (3)

UCC’s YouthBuild Students Kick It At ‘Sneaker Ball’ Prom

UCC’s YouthBuild Students Kick It At ‘Sneaker Ball’ Prom Students in UCC’s YouthBuild program celebrated a night of style and fun while highlighting the strides in their individual journeys at a recent “Sneaker Ball” prom. Held on April 25 in partnership with Leaders for Life, the celebration not only showcased fashion-forward attire but also highlighted the […]

Read More

UCC YB Acceptance Day

UCC YouthBuild Acceptance Ceremony United Community Corporation’s YouthBuild Program leaders this week welcomed its 2023 Fall Cohort of students and set the tone for an unforgettable journey ahead. The students were greeted with a jubilant introduction to get everyone excited and ready to dive into work.  During the ceremony, the program leaders laid down the […]

Read More

UCC Debuts Community Refrigerator With Devils Youth Foundation at Fulton Street Emergency Shelter

UCC Debuts Community Refrigerator With Devils Youth Foundation at Fulton Street Emergency Shelter Play Video NEWARK – United Community Corporation (UCC) debuted a new community refrigerator this month at the agency’s Emergency Shelter on Fulton Street, creating greater access to fresh food and groceries for Newark’s most vulnerable residents. Upon the launch of the new […]

Read More
IMG_9859
IMG-3067
YB1

The total cost of the YouthBuild program is $1,250,000. $1,000,000 (80%) is funded through a U.S. Department of Labor – Employment and Training Administration grant. The other $250,000 (20%) is funded through State and Local resources.

Seal_of_the_United_States_Department_of_Labor.svg (1) (2)

United Community Corporation

"Moving people from dependency to self-sufficiency"

Clubhouse Community Center | 205 Spruce Street

Newark, NJ 07108